Monday 29 September 2014

Marineford: An Unimportant Filler.

0


If this is true, then I am both really excited and having to mentally prepare my psych for inevitable downfall (I just showed this picture to my friend and he asked me when my funeral was.) 

Call me a weirdo or Weeaboo trash or whatever, but I rewatch the Marineford Arc every year in November (the anniversary of when I first watched it), and it makes me cry every time. I will always have more emotion when it concerns family or friends, rather than a relationship or love story, and the story of the three brothers in One Piece touches my heart. I think the whole 'brother' thing within One Piece is really important, because not only does it mean family, but it means friendship, and what makes Luffy so fierce? As Mihawk says, his power to make friends.                                                                                                 As a fan of pirate history, I've always loved looking into the history of great and famous pirates - Blackbeard, Silver, Hornigold, Anne Bonney etc, and even in real life, the brotherhood was there.                                                                                                                 Quite recently in the anime, and a few chapters ago in the manga, Bartolomeo (a definite favourite) protects Bellamy from Dellinger and states that after fighting in the same ring together, the two are now war brothers, and that he would never turn his back on that. This was just an awesome moment, cause he's a fan, a big fan, of Luffy and the Strawhats and surely knew that Ace was Luffys big brother. Bartolomeo is a great monument to brotherhood and friends just like the strawhats, and it's really what One Piece is all about. It makes me wonder whether Bartolomeo could be a candidate for the next crew member? Maybe.

The whole Dressrosa arc so far is a roller coaster ride. You just have to look at the facial expressions to see that. I particularly loved the involvement of a love story between Kyros and Scarlett and how it took a backseat. Alliances and history and family was far more important to Oda. That's what's so great about One Piece. 

Niff x

0 comments:

Post a Comment